Physical Activity Goal: There are two components to the PALA+ physical activity goal – active minutes
and active days. Reach both to achieve the weekly physical activity goal.
Note: Older adults, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with chronic medical conditions may
choose to complete PALA+ using the official paper log if they are unable to reach the amounts of
physical activity required through online participation. For more information on guidelines for these and
other populations, please consult the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans.
Healthy Eating Goals: with PALA+, you get the freedom to choose what healthy eating goals you want to work on.
To be eligible for the PALA+ award, achieve at least 6 of 9 healthy eating goals, including at least 1 of the
dietary limit goals (sodium, added sugars, and saturated fat), by the end of the program. The healthy eating
- Vegetables: Log at least 3 vegetables per week
- Fruit: Log at least 3 whole fruits per week
- Grains: Log at least 3 whole grain foods per week
- Dairy: Log at least 3 low-fat or fat-free dairy items per week
- Protein Foods: Log at least 3 lean protein foods or seafood items per week
- Water: Log water in place of a sugar-sweetened beverage at least three times per week
- *Sodium: Keep your average daily sodium intake within your sodium limit
- *Added Sugars: Keep your average added sugars intake within your added sugars limit in Food Tracker
- *Saturated Fat: Keep your average daily saturated fat intake within your saturated fat limit
*Based on your average intake per day. You can find your personal limit for sodium, added sugars, and saturated
fat in the Daily Limits section on the Food Tracker page.
Note: Vegans, vegetarians, and other individuals with dietary restrictions can still participate in PALA+.
See the PALA+ User Guide for more information.
Learn more about the PALA+ goals.